Monday 17 August 2009

Going home to Kibungo / Rwanda

a
Please note that VSO is in no way connected with or responsible for the content, comments and observations in this blog: these are solely my own in a personal capacity.
Hi all,
it has been a while since my last entrance.
I will try to put quite a few pictures on this one, as the Internet connection at home is so much faster and at least you get a nice impression about 'what' I am going back to.

It is my last evening in London and .... tomorrow I will head to the airport and then back to Rwanda.
From the plane I will wave a last 'good bye' to my very cute 'God Child' Noah who is already the coolest man in this world!!!! No discussion!!!!
Well the
last weeks have been very different ... from my life in Kibungo and I am kind of looking forward to get back.....
to the Rwandan way of life in the rural areas....
to the view from our backyard......
to my little blue room ....
to the hills ....

....to the children ....
....to the teacher training.....
and all my work in the schools ...

I wonder how Suzanne and her two boys are.

I wonder if our mouse is still in the house. Hopefully she did not nibble through all my stuff....this funny little creature.
I hope the flees did not come back, as I poisoned the sofas earlier this year....
I wonder how everybody is and who is still there and who left. I am looking forward to see Tom, I hope he is still in the house. I cannot believe he is going to move out soon as we lived in one house and he is such a fun guy.
It will be so nice to see Epi and all the other people from Kibungo again.
It will be smelly to inhale Kerosine fumes again. Well this is all about attitude and you need to be positive....therefore...the Kerosine stove is absolutely loooooovvvvveeeelllllllyyyyy! Our kitchen is a great place with an overcrowded table, two washing up bowls and a water filter. But it all works out well and it was more weird to have a real kitchen with running water, a sink, a fridge, and appliances back in Europe after all this time in Rwanda.
Sometimes I just wonder: 'Why are there all these weird holes in the wall?' Actually....maybe I do not want to know!!!I am looking forward to see all the VSOs. But also... the new Volunteers will arrive end of the month and it is going to be nice to meet them as well.
So Thursday morning will be another 'Good Bye' to Austin as we won't see each other for probably the next 4-7 months.

But ....Austin.....now that you finished your MSc and now that you are on a job hunt..... Well we need somebody who can help the school to harvest the 'Coffee Beans'.
And...when you send us your CV I think....we would consider you as being appropriate for the job. Especially because you are a very strong person:
But...if you do not want to work for us......well....
we could just have another Christmas together in Africa!!!


But until then .... there is a lot of work to do and

... a lot of weekend travelling in overcrowded buses.
... camping in Akagera Park....
... and searching for the zebras...
... the giraffes....

and the buffalos...after tenting in the middle of nowhere and
having an open fire under the brightest stars you can imagine....
I wonder what the Gorilla Baby is doing..... and am looking forward to many more adventures...as I guess that is what life is all about.
We probably should all always remember that!!!!
I will go to the Sailing Club on Wednesday evening for a last drink with some of the nicest people I do know...

But for now ... I should start to think about what to take home. Well....I just need my computer..... therefore no big plane is required.

Take care guys.....
....and see you sometime soon in the future.

With a very special thanks to

Austin, Tom, Steve and Phil and all my friends!!!


xxx Tina




No comments: